Cooking Classes

7.4.10

Dog Tired!

Adj.1.dog-tireddog-tired - drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted; "the day's shopping left her exhausted"; "he went to bed dog-tired"; "was fagged and sweaty"; "the trembling of his played out limbs"; "felt completely washed-out"; "only worn-out horses and cattle"; "you look worn out"            from TheFreeDictionary


Yesterday  I got possession of my new-to-me house!  As luck would have it, the movers were here a day early!  So it all happened yesterday.  I am all moved in...but definitely not organized.  The boxes are unpacked for the most part, collapsed and the acres of paper set aside for recycle pick-up.

If I might add, oooh myyy goshhh, I am tired!

It is exciting though.  I have become reacquainted with my food processor, stand mixer, flatware, baking pans, cookbooks, etc, etc, etc.  Yes, cookbooks!  My, how I have missed them.

There are a few things I have not found yet - must be in that box or two that still is unopened.

Other than no hot water, everything went well.  The plumber comes tomorrow - if he can stand to be in the same house as my unbathed body.

The food realm has been very unexciting unless you like Boston Pizza or Pizza Hut or the Co-op cafeteria.  I was lucky enough to be invited to my friends' house for homemade tomato soup last night.  That was very good.

I have already found a guy to remove my three cedars and make me some privacy screens for the back yard.  We are moving right along!

(Note - there is no more snow!  It is beautiful sunny warm spring weather but no hint of green yet.)

11 comments:

  1. We now have a phrase when we can't find something... "it must be in box 13" ... the magic box that holds all kinds of things from missing shoes to meat cleavers and offset spatulas and social security cards!!!! 2 years after moving I still blame it on box 13. Hope your box 13 is tiny and you find everything. Welcome to your new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deana, I have never heard of box 13! I will check the numbers! Thanks for your well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sarah!! I'm so happy for you!!! I wish I could know how you feel. The kitchen looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! You're really moving along - I can't wait to see how the place looks after you've put your stamp on it. Isn't it fun to find your old possessions? Happy unpacking and fingers crossed for hot water soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very exciting! I have water heater issues going on, too, if that's any comfort. But I figure at least it's no longer cold outside, so I don't mind cold water on my fingers quite as much.

    And Deana's "Box #13" is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bienvenue chez toi Sarah.
    Contente de voir quelques photos de ta maison.
    A bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I remember that dog-tired feeling from our move two years ago. It's so overwhelming! I think you're moving along quite well. Hang in there.... you'll be all settled in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember our "box 13" actually went missing along with box 14,15,16...etc....lol...when we moved to Nunavut 6 of our boxes mysteriously disappeared and we never did find them...they disappeard somewhere between Regina, Edmonton,Yellowknife and Chesterfield Inlet....Now we have the pleasure of moving again back to Saskatchewan hopefully within the next 6 months...I am going to hide "box 13" so it doesn't going missing again!!....It will be fun making your "new to you" home your own..can't wait to see it.

    From Your Sister in the Arctic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your encouragement all! Nice to be able to share this with someone! Yes, Marjie, thank heaven it isn't the dead of winter. I am amazed how ice cold the water is!

    That's hilarious, Gloria! Maybe your boxes will be found when you come full circle. Hope you get posted to Swift Current or Maple Creek!

    ReplyDelete
  10. salut sarah
    bienvenue chez toi ta cuisine est jolie je te souhaite beaucoup de courage
    à bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on the move. That looks like a nice kitchen with lots of useable counter space. What fun to be working on making a house a home.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.