Cooking Classes

25.8.10

Grilled Chicken Breast with Peach Adobo Sauce

So many times I am stymied by ingredients that are just not available in my little town.  The latest is chipotles in adobo sauce.  It is almost a staple but is nowhere to be found in all my local grocery stores.  Then I remembered that Memoria had a post about making adobo sauce on her blog Mangio da Sola, Eating Alone.

I have some dried chipotles.  And I can easily buy more online.  I also have other dried chiles from my trip to Tennessee a few months ago.  I had everything on hand!  Even Mexican oregano.

So now I have two jars of chipotles in adobo sauce in my fridge.  This should keep me for awhile.  I can hardly wait to compare them with the canned that I usually buy.

And peaches are in season...

Grilled Chicken Breast with Peach Adobo Sauce
  • 1 peach, chopped
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles
  • 2 teaspoons hazelnut oil
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
  • 1 large peach, rinsed, fuzz wiped away and sliced in half
  • 2 boneless chicken breast halves with skin
Coat grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Stir preserves, next 3 ingredients, 2 teaspoons oil, and chopped cilantro in medium bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper. Transfer 1/4 cup dressing to small bowl.
Brush peaches, then chicken with oil and dressing from small bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Grill peach until slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.
Place 1 chicken breast on each plate. Garnish with peach half. Drizzle dressing from bowl over chicken and peaches. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.

4 comments:

  1. Homemade adobo!!? Never thought to even try it. I will be interested in your comparison. The chicken, by the way, looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good, although I'm not sure I could resist just eating the peach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe really intrigues me. I'm not known to be a fruit lover, but when it's turned into something savory, I'm all over it. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, shucks! Thanks for posting back to me. This peach adobo sauce looks and sounds fantastic. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.